Last week I had the opportunity to have lunch with photographer, blogger, and NC State University English professor John N. Wall. John writes the wonderful Southern Photography blog and produces some great personal work.
Over black bean chili at Mitch’s Tavern, we talked about a host of things: life, photography, blogging ,and heady MFA language. We talked about Stacy Kranitz, Elizabeth Matheson, John Menapace, Sally Mann, Jerry Siegel, Rob Amberg, Jeff Rich, and others. John directed me to the fabulous One, One Thousand blog, which focuses on photography produced in the American South.
Good food and great conversation. Hope to do it again soon.
- Holiday Giveway
- Looking at Appalachia | Susan May Tell
- Imagining Appalachia
- Looking at Appalachia | Jeff Rich
- Looking at Appalachia | Hunter Barnes
- Looking at Appalachia | Tammy Mercure
- Sketches from Appalachia | May 2013
- Looking at Appalachia | Justin Kaneps
- Looking at Appalachia | Les Stone
- Review: Faith, Serpents, and Fire: Images of Kentucky Holiness Believers